Mercenaries of The Sun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the members of Mercenaries of The Sun guild.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  VCN Control PanelVCN Control Panel  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Operation: Step It Up

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Moderator Oaken
Moderator Oaken

Operation: Step It Up Empty
PostSubject: Operation: Step It Up   Operation: Step It Up I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:39 pm

The guild is, once again, dwindling in activity. We need to increase our recruitment. Our advertisement needs to be exactly the same (ie: macro) and needs to have a restriction on how much you can "spam" it.

Here is what I'm thinking for advertisement:
Looking for some roleplay? Join Mercenaries of the Sun, the Horde/Alliance roleplay guild. We have ventrilo and forums. If you are interested in joining create an account at mercenariesofthesun.darkbb.com and we'll get to you.

Something like that.

We need active people. Forcing them to visit the forums will show an act of participation. In order to help these potential new guildies we'll have to create a Recruitment forum. This forum will have information, which will constantly be updated, with guild information and requirements. Questions will most likely be asked and we'll have to answer them.

Guild Requirements:
We need more activity. We need requirements for staying the guild. Something of this sort comes to mind:
1. Maximum offline time is 3 days.
a. Alts may be offline for more than 3 days but the character must be labeled .
b. People may be offline for more than 3 days when the give notice. The notice will be posted on the forums under a new thread called "Inactive." You must say how long you will be inactive.

2. Alts must be labeled and the Alts main must be included in the officer note.

I'm fully aware that these requirements will/might be changed due to their communist ways.

Last edited by _Oaken_ on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moderator Oaken
Moderator Oaken

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Step It Up   Operation: Step It Up I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:29 am

Guild Promotion

We don't have a standardized ranking system. People are promoted based on how much they're liked and how much the Guild Leader(s) trust them. True, the Guild Leader(s) should trust the high-ranking members, but that's not the point. There are plenty of people in the guild that are not high rank and have been with this guild for a long time. We need to come up with a set of guide lines that affect which rank we have. The second to highest rank, "Oaken" "Officer" when the guild is first made, should be highly trusted. But all the other ranks are pretty much based on what the Guild Leader(s) know they did, not what they might have done.

Pretty much, we need to have guide lines to promotion.
Back to top Go down
Moderator Oaken
Moderator Oaken

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Step It Up   Operation: Step It Up I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:44 am

I need a Guild Leader's imput on this.
Back to top Go down
Ailita
Forum Geek
Forum Geek
Ailita

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Step It Up   Operation: Step It Up I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:21 am

I love activity, so I'm all ears for this one. But I'm not really the best person for this, I'm not all active myself.. I usually only go online when I know other people are too, when I'm sure I can have some fun.
Back to top Go down
Naring
Naring

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Step It Up   Operation: Step It Up I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:34 am

I like the idea oaken.
Back to top Go down
Ciel
Getting Settled
Getting Settled

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Step It Up   Operation: Step It Up I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:09 pm

the idea sounds nice, but even if the people have been here along time doesn't make them mature enough to handle being ranked higher, i've seen people abusing other members that are lower ranked than them, just b/c the 1st person has a higher rank and uses it as a weapon. We need people we trust in higher ranks and leadership positions, if you have been in the guild awhile and we don't trust you then there is a problem there. I will consider this and speak with Roy about it as well. until then elaborate as completely as you can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Step It Up   Operation: Step It Up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation: Step It Up
Page 1 of 1